Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vintage Baby Shoe

9X12 Watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper

I had so much fun painting my boys' baby shoes that I wanted to continue with the same idea a bit longer.  My mom gave me hers to paint, and also my own.  Then, I will probably move on!  Sometimes, I just get into a fun painting groove and like to stick with it.  I did take a break from the shoes to paint the baseball watercolors, so its not really an obsession yet. I also love the idea that my mom wore this shoe in 1936- a fact she might not love me advertising, along with calling this a "vintage baby shoe".  Nothing to worry about, Mom- my baby shoes are also vintage!


12 comments:

  1. Lovely watercolour - and such memories in it too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are coming up with the great collection of shoes Sheryl. And they are easy to store now :)
    Wonderful idea!
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet painting is right and fun to paint I know. Stay with shoes as long as you like; nothing boring here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl, you amaze me. No matter what you paint it's always beautiful, always elegant. Great job on this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Irina! Yes, these paintings will take up less room than the shoes- but I, of course, will be keeping the shoes as well- couldn't part with them easily (as you know, unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, L.W.- I will be painting more shoes in the future, and of course flip flops, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Teresa! I just visited your blog and you have been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, i missed a few posts! i love them all, this baby shoe is so precious. looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!