Sunday, September 5, 2010

Watercolor Postcards from Italy







These are more of my watercolor postcards. In my last post, I included postcards I had painted and mailed from Paris- these are from our trip to Italy 5 years ago. I painted them from reference photos taken on vacation. After I made them into postcards, I had my son (stationed at Aviano Air Base near Venice) mail them for me. I didn't have the watercolor postcard idea before our trip. I had read an article -after returning from Italy- about an artist who did them whenever he went somewhere. I loved the idea, and decided to do it even though it was after the trip this time!

I have been MIA for a week or so having an awesome time with our sons- a rarity since they are both in the Air Force and getting time with them together just doesn't happen often. For my birthday, I got to spend the weekend in Las Vegas with my husband, both boys and their girlfriends- best birthday ever! Now, it is time to get back to my routine- and definitely back to painting.
Thanks for looking!
Sheryl

4 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday - glad you had such a great time :) And welcome back xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pat- hope to do some fun painting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I'm glad you had such a good time here! Are both of your sons stationed at Nellis?

    I can't tell you how much I love your postcards. Lovely and clever! It's such a great touch to have the stamps and postmarks on them. What kind of paper do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Candy! One son is at Creech AFB, and the other is in Germany- but was at Nellis several years ago. I painted them on watercolor paper and cut them to the size I wanted. I also printed some copies on watercolor paper and that worked well, even the stamp detail. I appreciate your wonderful compliments!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!