Monday, September 20, 2010

Twenty Minute Challenge- Wine Cork Watercolor


I found out about Twenty Minute Challenge http://twentyminutechallenge.blogspot.com last week from the blog of another artist, and couldn't wait to try it out. The blog is administered by Teri from Teri's Painted Daisies http://painteddaisies.blogspot.com
When I paint, I tend to rework and rework the watercolor until I have overdone it. I always seem to think there is more to do. The TMC is the perfect answer for artists like me- you time yourself and stop (finished or not) at 20 minutes. You just start out with your watercolors, a blank sheet of paper, and an idea. I didn't know how much I would get painted before my timer went off, but was surprised with the resulting watercolor. I have been painting wine corks this last week and thought a cork would be a perfect way to try out the challenge. I can't believe I could finish a watercolor in 20 minutes, let alone one I actually like! I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and plan to continue doing these 20 minute paintings.
Thanks for looking!
Sheryl

7 comments:

  1. I'll have to look into trying the 20 minute challenge. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Sheryl! I must try the challenge myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dora and Gretchen, you will love it! Its really fun and you see what you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and a cracking job you made of it, Sheryl!
    Well done, you xx

    I know the first time I tried a timed piece on my college course, I panicked and rushed, but its surprising what you can fit in.

    You did an excellent painting xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Pat! I want to keep doing these 20 minute challenges- I think I can learn a lot, especially how to stop over-thinking and overworking my paintings.
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you joined in on the TMC, Sheryl! Surprising how much fun it is and how much you can learn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa- I am so glad I saw it on your blog, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!