Friday, June 8, 2012

California Dreamin' - Vintage Travel Trailer on Beach Watercolor

California Dreamin" 9X12 Watercolor

When we love to drive along the Pacific Coast Highway, between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica.  It is a beautiful stretch of California coastline and the view is amazing!  One of the main things we notice is that, no matter the time of year, the road is always lined with campers and trailers.
They are often parked only a few feet apart, side-by-side and end-to-end.  There is a wonderful variety of styles in these groupings- from new and shiny to the old and vintage style.  My favorites are the vintage trailers- unfortunately, that shows my age!  They remind me of when I was growing up and bring back nice childhood memories.  Some of these vintage trailers are really restored and creatively styled.  This watercolor is not a painting of a specific trailer I have seen- more a painting of a trailer I put into a fun beach setting.  It was a blast to paint and those are my favorite paintings, the ones that are all fun and no problems!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely painting and very evocative of lazy days on the beach :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable Sheryl, down to the little pink mermaid on the camper, I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This s a charming scene and it brings back memories to me aslo. My family camped when I was growing off and we had a "Lo-liner" trailer - with more angular shape than the teardrop you have captured. This sketch really evokes a sense of SUMMER for sure! Very happy page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I would love to see the old campers all lined up by the beach... That sounds like fun! I also love your marble jar below! Your paintings are all so full of charm and joyfulness over the simple treasures in life. They're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great story of mermaid and i love to watch mermaid and read story or watch movies of mermnaid.
    http://sumnerrv.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!