Thursday, August 12, 2010

Using Art as a Teaching Tool



Literacyhead is an online magazine that uses art to help with teaching reading and writing. I just found out about it a few weeks ago when they asked about using one of my paintings in an upcoming issue. That upcoming issue is now! The site, Literacyhead.com, is really a good looking website and I am so happy to have my painting "Fire Island Deer" be included! I love that art can be used to teach- and they have some beautiful artwork on the site. They have used the art of many Etsy artists, so there is a lot of variety. Variety in painting subjects, as well as painting styles. Anyway, it looks like a wonderful resource for teachers, and I am excited to be a small part of it! I have included the link so you can take a look if you'd like.

http://www.literacyhead.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3499:write-starts&catid=355

Thanks for looking!
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!