Friday, June 10, 2011

Baseball Themed Watercolors




I love baseball and during baseball season, I practically plan my life around SF Giants baseball!  Love to watch the games and the best part is that I can paint while they are on.  It is best when they win, but that isn't always the case- case in point- yesterday.  The Giants aren't scoring many runs (and they are usually in the last two innings) so it is amazing they win as often as they do.  They are in first place in the NL West.  Enough about that...

These watercolors are a baby gift for the newest boy in our family.  My wonderful nephew and his equally wonderful wife recently had a baby boy.  The baseball theme was a special request for a little art over his crib.  These were both fun to paint, especially since I think they will like them.  I am going to paint Jameson's name and birth date on the base ball- I think it will look good painted like a signed baseball instead of just printing it.  What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. I have done the game of golf in watercolor but we don´t play baseball in Germany so I never even thought to do it...I really like both...great idea and lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic work!!!
    Congrats Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An original painting created just for the recipient is always the perfect gift! It will be treasured for years, and they will think of you every time they look at it! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cynthia! My son is stationed in Germany and luckily he isn't a baseball fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grazie, Franz- your comments are always so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Katherine- I agree and am just glad I didn't have a whole class to paint for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift - and yes, paint it like it was signed.. that will be just fabulous and treasured forever :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these paintings and your nephew, his wife and their baby will, too. The name idea is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a gorgeous piece of art! Color choices are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!