Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Starting New Watercolors- Wine Cork Series





I spent a few hours yesterday drawing some wine corks to watercolor. I love to paint them- they have great details and each one is so different and unique. I save all the wine corks that come into our house and we like wine, so that is a lot of corks! They look great in tall jars, but also give me lots of painting ideas. Sometimes, we come across a cork that would be perfect to paint and now I have a small pile that I am wanting to use in watercolors-the last cork set was painted on small canvases in oils. I will post my progress as I work on them. The wine bottle I drew is one I have been wanting to paint for a while. It is perfect with an easel on the label- the wine was very nice also!
Thanks for looking!
Sheryl

8 comments:

  1. Cool! Looking forward to seeing what you do xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gretchen and Pat- I hope to get some painting done today and will post the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Love the label on the wine bottle.... I'd have saved it too!

    Looking forward to seeing the watercolor versions of those corks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Teresa! I have a tendency to hang onto great bottles and corks- I just know some day I will get to painting them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the great idea about cork series. Corks have so much to tell. Every one is the story. I like the ones with the wine spots on the bottom. How artistic!!! :)

    thank you,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Irina! I do love to paint them- have done them in oils and watercolors and will keep going- they have lots of character and are just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see how it turns out, teammate! I found your link from Team Discovery's Meet and Greet Mondays. I'm now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!