Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fun with Watercolors and ACEOs










ACEO, ATC, whatever you call them- they are fun to paint!  These papers are 2.5 X 3.5 inches.  They just seem like pure fun to paint since you don't have a large piece of watercolor paper in front of you waiting to turn into a "serious" painting.  I have also been trying out the canvas ACEO papers for oil paints.  I have been seeing many artists on Etsy putting these tiny paintings in their shops and decided to give them a try.  I painted more of them, but didn't want to post too many at once, so will post more later. I found some small frames just the right size for them, and if you are like me, you probably like your paintings more once they are matted or framed.  The small size is also just right for painting two of my favorite subjects- wine corks and sea shells!

13 comments:

  1. Sheryl, your ACEO's are fabulous! I just can't paint anything that small, I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dora! I didn't think I could paint this small either, but for some subjects it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ACEO's are lovely, Sheryl. I also like the little acid-free cellophane bags you can put them in and little white envelopes, too. When someone lets me use one of their photographs to paint I often send them an ACEO of the subject as a thank you gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol-
    I have some of the envelopes and the little sleeves, too. I love your idea of the ACEO as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, these are wonderful and much harder than someone thinks to paint small. Good luck on the selling of them, they would go great in our beach room LOL even though we live in the almost panhandle of Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Annette! Hey, you can (must) have a beach room no matter where you live! Sea shells are so relaxing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!
    I'm in the can't paint that small bracket - so I am in awe of yours! Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheryl,

    I left you a comment on this post the other day but I don't see it so I have no idea where it went to! Love all of your atc's (what's not to love about your art? :-) but the beach and fence and the cork are my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Teresa- I loved yours also! And I know what you mean about disappearing comments- I have had that happen when I was sure I left a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! And they are all so pretty! Now we artists have our own version of trading baseball cards, or Pokemon cards, or whatever. I've got to try some of those! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!