Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Watercolors






I have a tendency to work on lots of watercolors at one time. When one is still wet, I start another. If I am using cerulean blue in the water in one painting, and want it in the sky on another- great! I do lots of bouncing from one painting to the next and while it seems less than organized, it seems to be the way I work best. These are some watercolors I am working on at this time. I am still going back to the pomegranates again and again mostly adding darker tones and highlights. Thanks for looking! Sheryl

6 comments:

  1. I think I might have to work on a few at a time too with all the ideas in my head. You have lovely work Sheryl. I love the starfish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dora- I know what you mean, there's so many painting ideas in my head all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sketch book is all I can say! Pop the ideas in there :)
    I can't leave a painting once I start it, that painting owns me until I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your focus, Pat! I had a 2 hour drive today, and during that time I scribbled a list of my "next" paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work! Looking through your blog, we have randomly painted the same things....your Raggedy Anne is sooo much better than mine!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Torrie, that is so nice- thank you! I agree, we seem to like some of the same subjects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!