Friday, June 1, 2012

Jar of Marbles- watercolor 9X12

Childhood Memories -Jar of Marbles
Watercolor 9X12


This watercolor is a painting of one of my mom's antique canning jars filled with her childhood marble collection.  I took some photos of it recently because I loved how the sunlight was making all the marbles sparkle.  Like my mom, I have more than a few (some would say too many) of these antique canning/mason jars.  She got me interested in them years ago, and although I rarely buy them anymore- I love to include them in my paintings.

7 comments:

  1. C'est une très belle aquarelle que ce pot de confiture ancien avec ces merveilleuses billes de toutes les couleurs... Ces billes semblent en mouvement dans le pot tant les couleurs swinguent!
    Bravo pour cet excellent travail.
    Dernièrement je suis allée à une brocante et j'ai pris des photos d'une boîte remplie de ces fameuses billes.
    Je vérifie si j'ai votre adresse e-mail etje vous l'envoie.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE what you do with glass jars!!! the glass itself, the raised letters, highlights, and the contents as well. They are so magical and captivating to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci, Martine! Also, thanks for the great marble photo you sent to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Claire! I always love to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Pat! As you can see, I got rid of that pesky comment moderator thing- I didn't even know I had it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful.... what a great jar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!