Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Card Watercolors




I have been working on watercolors for Christmas cards. Some I liked and some got tossed. I started with more "beachy" ideas and just decided I wanted a more "Christmassy" feel. Add to that, the fact that I wanted to paint "2010" written in the sand, and it just wasn't working to my satisfaction. SO- these are the 3 paintings I liked the most. I want to see red and green at Christmas, so the beach just got left behind in favor of shiny lights and jingle bells with ribbon! I am definitely into painting shiny lately- metal and glass. I have been working on reflections- I enjoy painting reflective surfaces, but they do have their unique difficulties. As an artist who loves still life, reflections are a major factor- so why not get comfortable with painting them? Now, to Photoshop and Print Shop and all the not so fun computer work that goes into turning a watercolor into a card.
Thanks for looking-
Sheryl

9 comments:

  1. Brava Sheryl! sono molto allegre queste card!
    e che colori!!

    Complimenti!!

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, I especially love the bells, so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all great but the lights are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grazie, Franz!
    Ciao!
    Thank you Maria, and my friend at WaxBeach! They were pure fun, not exactly masterpieces- now to get back to more serious painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work you display here on your blog! Wonderful Xmas cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Cynnie! I am off to visit your blog now!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clicked on over from your comment on Cynnie's blog. I am in awe- absolutely beautiful. Your Christmas cards will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and vibrant! Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sheryl,
    Beautiful watercolor works! Oh, Sheryl, this could be an easy solution; sell your beach related cards in Australia, summer, right now.
    Cheers;)))
    Sadami

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!