Tuesday, March 20, 2012

ACEO- Art Cards & Fun Little Watercolors


Red Cherry

 Hueneme Pier and Channel Islands

California Poppies

I have been having better luck with these tiny ACEO watercolors than with larger ones lately.  Art Cards Editions and Originals- they seem to be very popular on Etsy. I guess that means there are plenty of people collecting them.  As an artist, I like that they are just fun to paint since they are so small (2.5 X 3.5") and I can work on quite a few at a time.  They are a great way to practice and get some painting time in.  I love painting on large sheets of paper, but sometimes just want to work small- in those cases, postcards and ACEO are the way to go!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl! I found you over at SeaSide Style and had to come take a peek. :) I love all things beach and have recently started painting again. Yours are beautiful, I am enjoying looking around.
    It is nice to meet you and enjoy your week!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work. You paintings are beautiful. Makes me miss the beach!! I have become a follower so that I can visit often.

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such happy images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Michelle and Venus Blues! Happy to have you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Claire! These are fun and they remind me of things I do in my sketchbook, so you can relate, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!