Monday, August 2, 2010

This week in my studio....





I spent all week soldering charms to fill Etsy orders. I really do enjoy soldering the charms, but sometimes when I am in a rush to get the orders filled, I get a little crazy. The orders got filled and sent out, and this week is for painting. I work better when I can focus on one medium at a time and that means one mess at a time! Art is not neat and tidy - at least not in my world. It just doesn't work well when I have soldering to do, but also want to work on paintings. They both require lots of supplies and different types of work areas. I got my soldering things put away last night and my work area is already littered with paint tubes, canvases, dirty brushes, etc. At least now I can focus on oil painting for a day or two. I am working on a variety of canvas sizes- mainly one of my favorites- 4X4". I am concentrating on still life paintings for the most part (this week, anyway). Then, it will be on to the unfinished watercolors that are waiting a few feet away. Looks like this will be a fun painting week!
Thanks for looking!
Sheryl

6 comments:

  1. Love the small canvases!
    The pomegranate looks scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pat! Yes- I love painting on the small ones and, for some reason, I am so relaxed with them compared to a large one, or a big sheet of watercolor paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and Dora could be twins!
    Else the 4x4s are making a bid for world domination :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sheryl! I've enjoyed looking at your work. It's all lovely. I especially like the watercolors and the murals. I'll be back to see how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!