Monday, July 5, 2010

DoubleTake- stitching together partial scans of larger watercolors





For quite a while, I have been painting smaller watercolors so that it would be easy to scan them and make my own prints. My scanner bed isn't big enough for the larger watercolor papers, and I wasn't completely happy with the stitching process in Photoshop.

I found a program called DoubleTake which may not be new, but is new to me. It is SO easy- just drag and drop the scans into the window and with zero to minimal adjustment, they are one! Now, I am not limited on watercolor size, for those times I want to make a print. I usually do make prints of my work, even if I don't want to list them on Etsy, then I have a copy for myself if I sell or give away the origina
l.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments- I love to hear what you think!